In the past, this board was named Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa (BEM). DEMA was established in 2003 as a result of Student Congress I on March, 20-21 2003. The name Dema is first used in May 2008 based on SK Dirjen number Dj. 1/253/2007 on General Guide on Student Organization of Islamic Educational Institution. The missions of this Executive Board are:
- Together with other student organizations to facilitate and bring forward student needs as well as activities.
- Developing student needs on their talent through student clubs existing and supported by IAIN Salatiga management.
- Fostering as many as creative and constructive ideas in order to bring forward the development of the institution.
- Flowering the spirit of Tri Darma Perguruan Tinggi (three virtues of higher education institution) including education, research, and community service.
- Supporting students as a fruitful partner for the institution management in order to create religious culture and academic milieu through prospective programs.